Based on the corporate philosophy of "Be a person needed. Be a company needed," the Adastria Group will develop fair, equitable, and transparent businesses to fulfill its social responsibilities. In addition, as a member of society, all employees will always discipline themselves and act with a high sense of ethics.
- (1) The Compliance Committee shall deliberate, formulate, and promote important policies regarding compliance with laws, regulations, articles of incorporation, various internal rules, and corporate ethics of each Group company.
- (2) The company shall establish Group Ethics Standards so that the execution of duties by directors and employees of the Group will comply with laws, regulations, and the articles of incorporation, and fulfill our social responsibilities, and promote the understanding and education regarding the standards.
- (3) Each director of the Group shall submit a note of confirmation stating that their business execution does not violate laws and regulations, and that they fulfill the duty of care and loyalty, and shall use the content of said confirmation as guidelines for business execution.
- (4) The company will take measures for early detection and correction of legal violations and other compliance-related issues through the internal whistleblowing system.
Group Ethics Standards
1. Focus on Customers
We promise to value our customers' opinions and strive to provide high-quality products and services that satisfy our customers. We promise to put ourselves in our customers' place and strive to respond impartially and sincerely.
2. Compliance with Laws & Ordinances, Company Regulations & Social Rules
- (1) We do not engage in behavior that violates laws and ordinances and promise to follow all laws and regulations. Employment regulations established by the company and other internal rules must be understood correctly. Business must be conducted in compliance with such regulations.
- (2) The recording and reporting of any business information must be carried out accurately and honestly based on fact. False and fictional statements must never be given.
- (3) Personal information (individuals' addresses, etc.) must never be leaked outside the company or used for any purpose other than carrying out work operations. Personal information must be properly handled and securely managed.
- (4) Information related to the company's business and other company secrets acquired in the course of work must never be leaked outside the company. We promise not to involve ourselves in any insider trading, which is an unfair securities transaction carried out using internal information.
- (5) Intellectual property rights and portrait rights including trademarks of third parties must not be infringed. Unauthorized usage of copyrighted or otherwise protected software is also prohibited.
- (6) Abstain from any and all associations with organized crime and other anti-social forces that threaten the order and safety of civil society, and handle interactions with such groups with a firm resolve.
3. Respect for Human Rights and Favorable Office Environment
- (1) We promise to strive to create a good working environment for all employees’ occupational safety and health. We promise not to disrupt the working environment by engaging in activities which have an adverse effect on it.
- (2) We promise to respect the human rights and personality of every individual. We do not allow acts of discrimination based on race, gender, educational background, age, physical disability or any other factors.
- (3) We promise to never cause any discomfort or disadvantage to others or damage to the working atmosphere through any acts of sexual harassment or abuse of a position of power.
4. Impartial Business Activities with Transparent Fairness
- (1) All business transactions must be equal, fair and open to all related parties including suppliers and partner companies. We promise not to give or accept any gift, entertainment, or other benefits beyond what is commonly accepted as reasonable.
- (2) It is prohibited to make use of company goods and assets for personal purposes or act on personal interests in the course of business activities.
Group Sourcing Policy
In the global development of its multi-brand strategy, Adastria Group believes it is vital to continue seeking change and challenge based on a foundation of good relationships with its business partners.
We shall carry out sourcing activities based on fair and ethical transactions while fulfilling our social responsibilities in order to become a company needed by society that offers quality products and services that satisfy the needs of our customers.
1. Compliance with laws and rules of society
- We shall comply with the purchasing and procurement laws of each country, and act in a socially conscious manner.
- We shall safeguard information on business partners that we obtain during the course of business as confidential information. Furthermore, we shall not infringe upon the intellectual property rights or portrait rights of third parties.
- We shall not exercise a superior position over our business partners and receive or offer gifts, entertainment or benefits that surpass social norms.
2. Ethical and responsible sourcing to increase our corporate value
- We shall fulfill our social responsibility by confirming that compliance, human rights, a safe working environment and environmental conservation are considered for all sourcing transactions.
3． Building a good relationship with our business partners
- We shall respect all our business partners, and build up long-term relationships that encourage development on both sides based on the principle of equal partnerships.
- We shall select our business partners in a fair and ethical manner, while taking into comprehensive consideration their price, supply capacity, quality, delivery time, technical skill, environmental conservation, and approach to human rights and workplace environment issues.
4． Bringing results through mutual interaction
- We shall promote socially responsible sourcing by implementing monitoring with the cooperation of our business partners, and strive for continuous, mutual improvement with our partners.
Group Sourcing Guidelines [315KB]